Coffee and/or Cocoa Farm Tour 2D
2 days - 1 night
Coffee and/or Cocoa Farm Tour 2D Description
If you love coffee and/or chocolate, interesting in meeting a local family, and want to see the beautiful countryside of Peru, then look no further than this tour! Join us for this unique coffee or cocoa farm tour experience where you will travel from Cusco to the beautiful La Convención Valley, tour an organic coffee and/or cocoa farm to learn about local traditional farming methods, and the arduous work that goes into coffee or cacao production! These families work with a local farm cooperative organization, COCLA, which has allowed them to receive organic and fair-trade certification.
Because this tour is for two days, you can choose to focus on the tour only on coffee or cocoa, OR we can arrange for you to tour both farms. If you would like this, then check the information below.
These families still practice traditional farming techniques such as raising free-range guinea pigs, chickens, etc. Also, you will find different tropical plants specific to the region such as root vegetables, mango, papaya, cocoa plants and many more!
See this video to know more about the Coffee Farm Tour 2D https://youtu.be/uvfW68T3rFk
- Visit with coffee farmers; share in their daily lives
- Visit coffee and/or cacao plantations, and learn about production processes
- Prepare your cup of coffee or hot chocolate using traditional methods
- Enjoy breathtaking Andean landscapes and the high jungle
- Try local food on a family farm
Coffee and/or Cocoa Farm Tour 2D Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco – Huayopata (the farm)
|07:45||Pick-up from your hotel, transfer to the bus station (if private car option has not been selected).|
|08:00||Head in the direction of the Huayopata zone. We will pass through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, where you will be able to stop and take in the stellar scenery. The highest point will be Abra Malaga, with an altitude of 4,316 meters (here you will also be able to take some unforgettable pictures). We will also pass through the interesting landscape of the cloud forest.|
|12:00||Arrival at the farm, where a member of the family will welcome us with open arms and where you will be able to take a brief break.|
|13:00||Lunch with the family! If you are vegetarian or vegan please let us know so that we can coordinate with the family ahead of time.|
|14:30||A member of the family will take you around the farm where they will explain their daily chores, the process that coffee or cacao production undergoes, and you will also have the opportunity to try fruit that is in season! After the visit around the farm, you will participate in some traditional coffee or chocolate roasting. You will have the opportunity to prepare your cup of coffee or hot chocolate from start to finish.|
|18:00||Dinner with the family, time to share with them.|
Day 2: Second Tour (if a chosen option) and Return to Cusco or Ollantaytambo
|07:30||Breakfast! (If you would like a different schedule, please coordinate with the family)|
|09:00||If you have chosen only the coffee OR the cocoa tour, you will depart for Cusco at this point. If you have chosen to do both tours, see below.|
|08:00||Travel by car to the second family where we are going to enjoy our coffee tour, this family is located around 20 min. from the first family. There, the family will show you the process of coffee from bean to cup, we will learn about the quality of an organic coffee. In the end, you will share with the family a cup of coffee that will be roasted by you and one member of the family in a traditional way.|
|11:00||Say goodbye to the family and return to Ollantaytambo or Cusco.|
|14:00||Arrive in Ollantaytambo.|
|16:00||Arrive in Cusco.|
Note: If you want to add lunch on the second day, it is possible, so you can have more time with the family to meet their members (recommended). This additional service cost is $10.00 per each person (even guide), which you can pay directly to the family. Lunch is composed of a traditional soup, main dish, traditional beverage and fruit of the season. If you would like this service, please notify us when you book the tour.
- The family can offer either a coffee OR chocolate tour. However, if you would like both tours, please consider an additional cost of $30.00 per person, this additional tour will take about 2-3 hours and will take place on day 2.
- Before reserving this tour, please verify if there is availability. In the case that there is no availability we can look for another homestay and this might alter the price a bit.
Coffee and/or Cocoa Farm Tour 2D Prices:
|# of Passengers||CAR (Local transport service)||VAN (Touristic service)|
- Those who speak Spanish and therefore do not require an English speaking guide, will receive a discount of $120.00 for the group
- If you decide to take the tour with a Spanish speaking host, because you speak or understand, you will receive a discount of $50.00 for the group
- Pay in cash and get a 5% off
- We collect $5 from the budget for social projects.
- Price includes pick up from Hotels in Cusco and Ollantaytambo, other location like Pisac, Calca, Urubamba, please consider an additional payment per group: $15 if car services and VAN $25
- If you are a low budget traveler and are interested in doing this tour, please feel free to contact us to give you some options
Coffee and/or Cocoa Farm Tour 2D Includes:
- Transport from Cusco to homestay in Huayopata, and back to Cusco
- Bilingual guide (Spanish – English)
- Double-occupancy private room on the farm + 3 meals (with hot water)
- Time with the family
- Coffee OR cacao tour (or both, if you choose both, an additional cost of 40 dollars per person will apply, it will include the activity and lunch)
- Money transfer fee
Does not include:
- Personal expenses
- Lunch on the 2nd day, if you want to request add $10 per person if you are including the second tour
- Snack or drinks
- Other services not mentioned above
Machu Picchu +1D
We can arrange to extend this tour for one more day to include a trip to Machu Picchu. If you choose this option, we recommend you to do both activities Coffee and Cocoa tour, if both activities are requested the extended itinerary will follow this schedule:
After lunch on day 2, we will bid farewell to the family and continue on our way to the train station, where we will travel to the town of Aguas Calientes and arrive at approximately 6 pm. You will have the night to spend at your leisure in your hostel (basic accommodation with hot water – can be upgraded if requested). In your hostel, your guide will explain what the tour for the next day entails and afterward you can relax in the hot springs of Aguas Calientes!
The next morning, we will take about a 30-minute bus ride to Machu Picchu. We will visit the citadel of Machu Picchu for a few hours with your guide, and then you will have some time to explore the magical complex on your own and take photos. You will also have time to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain at an additional cost. Either the Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain entrance ticket is purchased at the same time as the Machu Picchu entrance, and we recommend purchasing these tickets in advance because there are limited spaces.
After lunch on your outside of Machu Picchu (food is not allowed in the citadel), you will take the bus back down to Aguas Calientes for your return trip to Cusco. You will know your exact train schedule as soon as we buy your train ticket. You will arrive in Cusco by bus at approximately 10:00 pm.
Coffee, Cocoa and the Machu Picchu Tour 3d Prices in USD
Machu Picchu with a shared guide tour, join a group
|# of Passengers||CAR (LOCAL TRANSPORT)||VAN (TOURIST SERVICE)|
Machu Picchu with Private guide tour, follow your rhythm
|# of Passengers||CAR (LOCAL TRANSPORT)||VAN (TOURIST SERVICE)|
Coffee and cocoa tour add-on includes
- 2 tours at the farm (coffee and cocoa)
- 1 extra lunch on day 2
Machu Picchu Add-On Includes:
- Train ticket from Hidroelectrica train station to Aguas Calientes Town (optional*)
- 1 night in a hostel with private bathroom and hot water + breakfast (SWB or DWB). the one we include is Terrazas del Inca hostel or similar
- Bus ticket to Machu Picchu (round trip) from Aguas Calientes
- 1 Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Tour guide at Machu Picchu (could be shared or private, depending on your requesting)
- 1 train ticket from Aguas Calientes town to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco by bus service
*Train ticket from Hidroeléctrica to Aguas Calientes Town: if you would prefer to hike this part of the route, let us know at the moment you book, discount $31.00 per person. this hiking takes about 3 hours, 10 km of distance and go along the railway
- Snack, water or personal expenses
- Entrance ticket to Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain ($20.00 per person), under request
- Services not mentioned
- Money transfer fee
Enjoy amazing views of Andes mountain range and cloud forest,…
An Immersion Experience in the jungle region of Cusco, Quillabamba,…
Sacred Valley – Coffee or Cocoa Plantation Tour Description Discover…