Walking Barranco Tasting Food Tour 1/2D
Walking Barranco Tasting Food Tour Overview
What better way to discover a city and its culture than taking a food tour? During this walking food tour, you will sample more than 15 Peruvian foods and drinks in one of Lima’s nicest neighborhoods – artsy and bohemian Barranco. Interact with our local hosts to learn how to prepare the famous ceviche and pisco sour. Witness the preparation of Lomo Saltado, inside the kitchen of a restaurant, opened in 1937. Learn about all the historical and cultural details behind each dish that you will have the chance to taste during this 4-hour walking food tour of Barranco.
Participating in our Lima food tour will allow you to meet other travelers passionate about gastronomy. Do not be afraid to book, even if you are alone, we could have other reservations for that same day so you can share the experience with other foodies.
- Duration: Half-Day
- When: 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
- How often: Every day!
For more Lima tours check our Gastronomy tour half day or City tour + Larco Museum 1D
This Lima food tour starts at Plaza San Francisco, Barranco at 9:30 am. Please make sure to specify your driver Plaza San Francisco is located in Barranco district, as there are lots of “San Francisco” in Lima!
The tour ends at Barranco’s main square (Plaza de Armas de Barranco) at 1:30 pm. From there, you can either go back to your hotel or wander around, as there are many cute shops and galleries to visit! Our guide will be pleased to provide you with a suggestion adapted to your tastes!
This 4-hour Lima food tour will allow you to discover the beautiful neighborhood of Barranco. Your guide will take you to a variety of huariques – a.k.a. small restaurants filled with locals, and allow you to connect with some passionate local foodie entrepreneurs.
During this food tour, you will make several stops that we carefully selected for you, and try up to 15 different flavors including fruits, drinks, and typical dishes. Not only will you learn how everything is prepared, but you will also learn the story behind these delicious treats because literally, every bite has a story to tell! Finally, you will have exclusive access to one of Barranco’s oldest kitchen, and you will have the opportunity to witness how ceviche and pisco sour are prepared, right in front of you!
Below is the example of the menu, please note that it’s possible that the menu might slightly change depending on seasonality and product availability. But don’t worry, you won’t feel hungry at the end of this Barranco food tour.
Avocado toast Accompanied with Paria cheese and Maras pink salt
Lúcuma juice Lúcuma fruit juice
Variety of fruits Depending on the season you will taste chirimoya, tuna, granadilla, aguaymanto and more
Peruvian chocolate Premium small-batch organic chocolate
Peruvian coffee Peruvian coffee from Junín region brewed with V60
Causa limeña Mashed yellow potatoes seasoned with lime and ají, and filled with tuna and avocado
Ceviche Peru’s most famous dish. Fresh raw fish cured in lime and spiced with ají
Chicha morada Natural drink made of purple corn
Lomo saltado Sauteed beef tenderloin, a dish of Cantonese legacy
Inca Kola The famous Peruvian soda that Coca Cola could never surpass
Pisco sour Peru’s most famous cocktail, made of pisco, lima, egg white and syrup
Ice cream Homemade ice cream with Peruvian flavours… There’s always room left for dessert, right?
Walking Barranco Tasting Food Tour Price
Group Tour: 87.00 USD
*Under 18: 75.00 USD
You can book a private food tour for your party as is, or you can customize this tour so it caters to your needs and expectations. We are used to designing tailor-made experiences for small and big groups – we even went up to 150 people at once!
- Tasting of 10 Peruvian savors among fruits and dishes
- A sampling of 5 popular drinks
- Official expert guide in English
- Overview of Peru and Lima history
- Sighting of Barranco’s main attractions
- An e-book containing the main recipes you will be tasting during the experience
- Dedicated support during your stay in Peru
Does Not Include:
- Pick up & drop off (can be arranged at extra cost)
- Local 18% sales tax, which can be exonerated by sending us a passport scan/photo of every tour participant
- Feeling hungry – seriously!
Although pick up and drop off are not included in the tour price, it can be arranged at an extra cost from/to pretty much anywhere in the city. Of course, the price will vary depending on the distance and the type of vehicle you need for your party. If you want to be picked up or dropped off in your hotel, at the airport, the Callao cruise port, the historic center of Lima or a museum, please reach out to us and we will send you a quote in no time!
- We recommend not eating anything else other than a light breakfast before this food tour. This tour constitutes a breakfast and an average-sized lunch with dessert. Your belly will enjoy it, we promise!
- If you suffer any allergy o dietary restrictions, make sure to inform us during checkout and we will take the necessary precautions. This tour can cater to people with any allergy, including but not limited to gluten, lactose, and soy. This tour can also be adapted for vegetarians and vegans. However, we are unfortunately not able to offer halal and kosher products.
- We recommend to book at least 1 week in advance to make sure it’s not sold out, but we accept bookings up to 6 hours before the tour starts. Also, if a date appears as sold out or blocked, please reach out to us – there’s likely something we can do for you (we will try for sure!)
- Traveling with a child under 6 or an infant? If they’re not going to directly participate, or if you prefer to share your food with your little one, there is no need to purchase an extra ticket. However, still, let us know if you’re going to bring a child under 6, so our guide knows and will be prepared for it.
- Just like in any big city, you have to be careful with your belongings in crowded areas. Of course, Peru being a country with big inequalities showing off the latest smartphone or an expensive watch in the street could, unfortunately, make you a target for thieves. But if you keep a low profile, you should be more than fine!
Lima Gastronomy Tour 1/2DHalf Day
Lima Gastronomy Tour 1/2D Overview Local Market Tour – Exotic…
City tour + Larco Museum 1DFull day
City tour + Larco Museum Tour 1d Description Explore Lima…
Choquequirao Trek 4D4 days - 3 nights
Choquequirao is by many tourists considered one of the best…