Machu Picchu By Car 2D
2DAY - 1 NIGHT
Machu Picchu By Car 2D Tour Description
If you don’t have a lot of money to burn, but you want to visit one of the World’s Wonders, this Machu Picchu by car tour is a great option for you! You will take a group bus for about seven hours to the hydro-electric station, and from this point hike for about three hours to the town of Aguas Calientes, where you will spend the night in a group hostal. This route requires you to be in decent shape, although there are a couple of different options indicated below.
Machu Picchu By Car 2D Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Cusco, Santa Teresa, Aguas Calientes
|We will pick you up from your hotel between 6:30 and 7:00am and bring you to your bus for the day. On the way towards Aguas Calientes, you will witness the landscape change from stark mountains to cloud forest. We will pass through the unpaved roads of the small town of Santa Teresa, where we will have about an hour to eat lunch.
|We will continue on unpaved roads to the hydro-electric station. Upon arrival, we will walk about three hours along the train tracks to Aguas Calientes.
|Approximate arrival at your accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
|Dinner is on your own. During your free night in Aguas Calientes, you will be able to visit the thermal baths for which the town is named after!
Day 2: Machu Picchu, Cusco (via Hidroelectrica)
|Breakfast on your own, provided by guide the night before.
|Begin hike up to Machu Picchu.
|Enjoy your guided tour of this World Wonder.
|Free time to explore the ruins more on your own, and take pictures.
|Walk back to the hydroelectric station.
|Board bus that will be waiting for you between 2-3pm.
|Approximate arrival back in Cusco.
Machu Picchu By Car 2D Tour Prices
PRICE: $110.00 per person (group service)
Machu Picchu 2D Tour Includes
- Hotel pick-up
- Transportation Cusco – Hydro-electric station – Cusco
- Professional guide
- Machu Picchu entrance ticket
- 1 lunch / 1 dinner / 1 snack
- 1-night lodging in Aguas Calientes(shared)
Does Not Include
- Train ticket from the hydro-electric station to Aguas Calientes ($35.00) – This is an option for those not wanting to walk
- three hours from the hydro-electric station to Aguas Calientes.
- Bus Ticket: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes ($25.00)
- Entrance ticket to the thermal baths of Aguas Calientes (optional)
- Entrance ticket for Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain ($20.00)
- Breakfast day 1
- Meals day 2
- Money transfer fee
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Keep in mind that the tour starts in Cusco, located at 3,300 meters in altitude, and Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes) is 1,000 meters lower than Cusco, so you have to be equipped with warm clothes but also with short sleeves, as the nights are cold and the days are hot. It should also be kept in mind that the climate varies according to the time of the year, especially in the rainy season (December – March). We recommend that you leave most of your luggage at your accommodation in Cusco and travel only with what is necessary for the tour:
- Warm clothing
- Water bottle
- Medication to avoid altitude sickness (in case you consider it necessary)
- Insect repellent
- Rain poncho for the months of November – March
MACHU PICCHU 3D
- Everything mentioned in the tour 2d/1n
- Extra night in Aguas Calientes(shared)
Note: Student discount – $20.00
Cusco Region Extended 6D Tour Description City Tour – Andean…
Cusco Sacred Valley, Coffee & Machu Picchu tour Description This…
Cusco City & Sacred Valley 4D Tour Description This complete…